Tuesday, September 30, 2014

garden flowers, new motif for quilt


I was up early Monday morning (9/29) to get everything out of the way so that I could call Miss Scarlet’s electronic company at 10 AM…..I called, no techs are in yet!!!!  Also, head quality control guy (who I am definitely going to talk to) not in yet either!!  They are supposed to call me back.  In the meantime I sewed together some of the blocks on my newest quilt, so that when my sashing fabric gets here (ordered over the internet) I am ready to go.

My honey dropped out of golfing today because the forecast stated 100% chance of rain…instead picked new flowers for the kitchen and living room

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and ran errands to BJ’s and the grocery store.

I called the electronic company back again at 11 and this time got a tech.  Something was screwed up with the driver’s for the USB cable….she fixed it, but I also asked her to walk me through it so that I can (hopefully) correct if it happens in the future.  By the time I got off, my honey was home and I helped to unload the car…but I realized I still had several questions that weren’t answered, so called the company again.  We had a long talk and I got lots of good information and have started a WORD doc to keep track of everything I am learning.  My honey was so sweet…he made a grilled ham/cheese sandwich and brought me 1/2 on a plate with a napkin so that I could eat while on the phone…I was starving!  I started to stitch out Jan’s quilt just before 2 PM.  I had a lot of bobbin changes as well as some problems with the pattern, and Jan’s particular pattern has a lot more stitches than any I have done previously (but it is a very pretty leaf pattern),

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
so I didn’t get finished until 7:30 PM….I was pooped…but SO GLAD to have the first ‘outsider’ quilt (meaning not one of my own) under my belt.  I poured a glass of wine and snuggled with my honey for the rest of the night.  By the way….he DID get a part in WAIT UNTIL DARK and has already started to learn his lines, as the part is big.  I can’t wait…we usually have the cast party when Michael is in a play at Fort Mill…I’ve already started planning the food  :~).

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Beautiful pattern . jm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Green Quilt" looks BEAUTIFUL. And what part did Michael get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the quilt pattern complements the fabric leaf design ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.