Friday, September 5, 2014

June, latest charity quilt & label


Thursday morning (9/4) Michael took the dog for a walk while I packed up the car and took off for quilting.  I took both quilts that Miss Scarlet quilted this week and got ooo’s and ahhhh’s for both of them!  I skipped staying for lunch and came home to finish sewing my binding, and that is where the day started to go downhill.  The bad news is, Becky has dropped out of going on the quilt retreat, which starts 2 weeks from today :- (.  She is having a series of health issues and is under a lot of stress and really shouldn’t be away from home right now.  This is very sad news because Becky has been going for several years and we will really miss her, AND it is not good that she has these health issues.  The good news is, I called June (who is a Thursday quilter) and she is 98% sure that she will/can go! 
 
She has already requested time off from work, and she will let me know definitely tomorrow (Friday).  Jean was kind enough to run over to the house to meet June, and to bring the disks from the Fiber Floozies retreat 2012 & 2013, to give June an idea of what she might be getting into.  I think it will also be good because both June and Jean will be virgins together this year  :- ).  So, with one thing and another, I didn’t get to sewing until 5 PM.  I sewed for about an hour; we made pizzas for dinner…visited with some friends for a bit and I got back to sewing at 8 PM.  By 9 PM, the quilt was totally finished

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and I headed upstairs to knit with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.