Tuesday, September 9, 2014

butterflies a duex, quilt & label


Michael got rained out of golfing on Monday (9/7) so that was kind of bummy.  We both had breakfast, then he headed to the living room to finally finish a book, while I headed downstairs to work on tumbling blocks.  I finished up the smallest size of the green ones and the purple ones, that means I only have to do the silver ones to be totally finished.  I rewarded myself by doing the binding on the back side of the newest quilt.  Michael joined me and continued to work on a DVD of our vacation this summer.  He had 2 beautiful pictures of the butterflies, so I decided you needed to see them (I'm not sure I picked the best photos to show you when we first got back from vacation):

doesn't it look irridescent??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

These were at the butterfly exhibit at the Louis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA.

By dinnertime (which my honey made….potato/cheese periogis with sautéed onions…YUMM-O!!) the quilt was DONE:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

and I loaded up another one after dinner :~) 
Have I mentioned how I LOVE LOVE LOVE having Miss Scarlett??

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is beautiful !!! I don't remember seeing it in progress. I am feeling your thrill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the beautiful butterfly photos which were almost as beautiful as your quilt ! Great job Ms. Scarlett.... Glad you're enjoying the process !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.