Monday, April 28, 2014

deck gardening


We had breakfast out on the deck while reading the paper on Sunday (4/27), then did a bunch more gardening.  Michael helped me to get several boxes planted for the back deck

pink in one bin and purple wave petunias here that I hope will
cascade a bit down the deck railing



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
sage & parsley

thyme & oregano
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
cherry tomato plant for the deck.  I have 2 other plum tomato plants
for the back garden, but it needs weeding.  We are supposed to have rain
for the next 2 days and I will try to weed after that and get the big tomatoes
planted.
 
then he planted marigold seeds (saved from last year) in 2 pots in the front, and watered everything.  I spent the rest of the day sewing, while he ran a bunch of errands, then got to relax and watch a bit of TV.  I sewed until 7:30 (with a short stop for dinner) then headed upstairs and got 6 more inches woven on my scarves before we headed to bed.

I recently finished 2 Jodi Picoult books: HOUSE RULES and HANDLE WITH CARE.  I can’t believe how well this woman writes and how she plays with your emotions with every story.  She is really excellent at getting you to imagine yourself in the situation, and what you would do, when there are no easy answers.  I definitely hope to work my way through all of her books, and highly recommend the 2 I just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.