Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cookie, new quilt block, Debra & John


Friday morning (4/4) we headed to the chiro’s, out to breakfast, and then to Joanne’s to look for background fabric for the tumbling blocks.  We found something that might work, and we were home by NOON.  I sewed a bit in the afternoon, then put together sandwich bread (we were out) and we gave 1/2 a loaf to Jim (for getting the van and doing all of the driving in Myrtle Beach) and to Susan (just because!)  I got to sew a bit in the evening before heading upstairs to knit and watch TV with my honey.

I rode my bike up to the grocery store on Saturday morning (4/5) and thought I was going to die as it has been SO LONG since I rode it last.  Michael left at 9 for golf here at SCCL (and came home with a very respectable 81) and I spent the rest of the day (until 3 PM) sewing on the second blocks. 
this picture is called 'waiting for dad'.  sometimes I wait on mom's
sewing chair, sometimes on the arm of the sofa, sometimes
on my little bed of the sofa.  Usually I am stairing longingly
at the stairs....just waiting.....sigh
 
I got fifteen of the second blocks completed….so that’s a total of 35 blocks…out of the 84 blocks I think I’ll need…..stay tuned…it’s gonna be a long haul…
second block

proposed layout
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AT 3 PM I headed upstairs to take a shower and start dinner.  I got the one pot pasta ready to go, formed 2 loaves of artisan bread, made a veggie tray and dip and was ready for our 6 PM guests.  Beforehand I told Michael that I wanted pictures of all 4 guests, and the bread…..so, I got a picture of Debra & John (since they arrived first)

Debra & John
 
Then of course I fell apart and was doing the bread when Lisa & Dean arrived…so no more pics for the night (I am hopeless!!)  We had dinner and yummy cookies for dessert and played a variety of card games…APPLES TO APPLES and this crazy solitaire game where you play with as many decks as there are people.  We were finally tired by 9 PM and just sat and talked for an hour before everyone left.  John & Debra told us a truly wonderful story about a hamburger (ya just had to be there) that we loved.  I read for a bit after everyone left, while Michael watched the UCONN men win in the NCAA semi-finals and finally we stumbled to bed at mid-night.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blocks ! You'll have to save the hamburger story for fall retreat. I'd love to hear it. Good job on the bike, it's good for ya ! Luv the 'waiting for Dad pic'....Go UCONN !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.