Wednesday, April 23, 2014

muffins, S&P container, iris

I’m totally excited because after looking for a very long time, I’ve finally found a blog which concentrates on low glycemic foods (diabetic type recipes) and has great looking recipes!  I made my first recipe: Cottage Cheese & Egg Breakfast Muffins on Tuesday morning (4/22):


and they were yummy!  I have to rewrite the recipe a bit to cut down on the number of dishes it takes…I think I can do everything in my NINJA blender, as long as I change the order I add things in.  And, I want to freeze one of the muffins and see how it comes out.  If it is fine, then I will double the recipe as well.  These muffins are meant to be nuked for a minute before eating.  They definitely have a muffin like texture (which I hope will satisfy my carb cravings), but a strong egg-y flavor.  I would love to add some sautéed mushrooms to them…I think that would taste great.  I’m also looking forward to finding out how long 2 muffins keep me full. 

I got to sew for just a bit before Nancy H arrived at 10 AM for a wonderful visit!  We haven’t seen each other in a MONTH and had lots to talk about…luckily we’re going to see each other again next Tuesday.  I got to sew a bit more after she left, then Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  I worked a bit on the baby sweater while Joanne started a pretty, new scarf.  We took a detour on the way home to see some new houses being built, then we went to her house so that I could ask Larry about some small pieces of wood I need.  Joanne tried to get me drunk with a vanilla/chocolate/triple sec martini…it was yummy!  When I got home I sat out on the back porch with my honey for a bit.  He left around 5 PM (going out to dinner and then a movie) after which Jean came by to pick up her thread from a recent CONNECTING THREADS order.  She ended up staying for an hour and trying out our new Devo De-stressor (you know, the drink!), which she really enjoyed.  Janice called just as Jean was leaving and we talked for over an hour, which was just wonderful.  I ended up back in my studio around 8:30 and got all but the last row sewn onto my quilt top.

I have 2 more pictures and one more story for you….Michael and I have started re-using an old set of salt and pepper grinders I have had forever.  We really like them, but when we store them in the cupboard, they ‘leak’.  I’ve been thinking for awhile that I need to get some sort of basket to put them in, so that the salt/pepper leftover grinds fall into the basket and not in the cupboard (but we all know how much I like to go shopping…NOT!).  I was talking to Gale about it on Easter Sunday and she said she would look for something.  Monday morning when I got home from my volunteer meeting, there was a bag on my front door:
 
Isn’t it PERFECT!!!!  I absolutely love it and will also love the clean cupboard shelf I will now have. 

Our garden out front is ready to EXPLODE with at least 50 – 60 iris blossoms….here is the first:
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful iris ! Can't wait to hear about the breakfast muffins. I need a replacement for my oreo's ! MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla/chocolate/triple sec martini???????????????????????????ME!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.