Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cookie a duex


Somebody didn’t want to get out of bed Monday morning (4/21):












 

Michael went golfing in Lancaster and I ran around like a crazy person trying to get some paperwork done (it’s NEVER actually done…right???  There’s always more…moremore……) before heading out to my Volunteer member meeting, then a quick board meeting after that, a trip to the library (it was closed!!!   When was the last time you heard of someone getting off for Easter Monday???) and the grocery store.  I spent several hours doing more paperwork (yuck!) related to the Volunteer meeting before Jan picked me up just before 3 PM for our SWEET & SAVORY club.  This is a club that does appetizers and desserts and for this month it was a lightened up menu.  They did light pimento cheese (yummy!), a shrimp dish with spiral sliced zucchini taking the place of noodles, and a bread pudding made with doughnuts.  That’s the first time in my life I’ve ever liked bread pudding.  Everything was yummy and by the time I got home, my honey was already sitting on the back porch reading his book.  I asked about golf and he said ‘Phil was low man with a 97’….and I said ‘!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’…ouch!  Michael said the only thing that worked for him today was the double knot he tied in his shoe….and the less said about his golf, the better.  I spent a bit of time working on my quilt top, stopping around 8 to watch TV with my honey and knit on the baby sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.