Tuesday, February 25, 2014

suitcase, new living room chairs, new kitchen table & chairs


Michael left early on Tuesday (2/25) for his chiro appointment and then headed to AAA to start to plan our trip to visit Marc & Kate in June.  I ran around like a crazy person, doing laundry, dishes, and starting to pack my crafts (packing clothes is easy and quick, packing crafts to last me a week takes thought and time!) 
crafts finally packed...with a little room left over for clothes!
 
I got ingredients out of the freezer to make lasagna, but had to wait for it to thaw and for Michael to bring me home one of the cheeses to get started.  I got a 9” by 13” pan of lasagna made before Stitch & Chat and Michael ran it over to Jan.  Our chairs arrived just before I left:
action shot of one being delivered!

in place

they look rather nice, but need quilts on the back to perk
up the color!

I don't care about the color, seems soft enough to me!

I left S&C a bit early to hit the grocery store (I ran out of cottage cheese for the second lasagna) and ran home to put together a 10” by 10” pan for Michael.  Our table arrived while I was gone:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our chairs and our table look gorgeous, but will take some getting used to.  The chairs in the living room are 3 - 4 inches higher than our old ones...I feel like I'm sitting on a throne!  The kitchen table looks HUGE...probably because it is a rectangle, not an oval, the wood is darker and the backs of the chairs are much higher than our old ones.
Anyway, I made the one pot pasta for dinner, and then Michael left for the movies.  I got my clothes packed in about 10 minutes…giving me ample time to dip oreos to fill Michael’s cookie jar and to host Joanne and Jan, both of whom stopped down to see the new stuff.  I was beat by the time Michael got home from the movie and we went to bed a bit early.

2 comments:

  1. We have a beautiful house - and a beautiful life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs look so beautiful together. I think the space could look great with a little more re-decorating. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.