Sunday, February 16, 2014

Michael, tumbling blocks triangles for #2

Michael ran to the grocery store for me Saturday morning (2/15) and got all of the sale items on my list and used all of my coupons.  He spent $32 and saved $40…WHOO HOO!!!!  I love it when that happens, but usually don’t like to send him because it is such a hassle (I HATE it when the stores have B1G1, but when you get there it is only on certain flavors of an item…so you have to be really careful not to drift an inch to the right or left…or you’ll pick up the wrong, not on sale, flavor!!)  Anyway, he did a top notch job and also scored leftover- 50% off DARK chocolate V-day candy….WHOO HOO!!  For me it was back to cutting strips….now that I have seen what one block looks like, all of those picky little steps seem SO worthwhile!  I can’t wait to get the next one done.  I’m really going to try to work on this project…and only this project for sewing until it is done…..but we’ll see J.  I spent the entire afternoon working on strips (with company who is often doing this while I’m sewing):


and by dinnertime I had 2/3 of my triangles done and was just pooped.  We had take-out Chinese for dinner and I just sat on the couch and watched TV from 7 – 9 PM.  Finally at 9 I told myself that I really wasn’t that tired (why doesn’t that work when I tell myself that I’m really not that hungry???) and I got up and finished the last 2 triangles:


By then it was almost 11 and I was just too tired to figure out the layout, so Michael and I fell into bed…pictures of new block tomorrow!

By the way…the woman who made our hand-dyed fabric asked to see my quilt when it was done…well…I wrote and sent her the first block…check it out….I feel famous J:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruby-Mountain-Dye-Works/193108204037670

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.