Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Loree's tumbling blocks, bunnies for S&C


So….one thing I didn’t tell you about Michael’s sweater…..3 weeks ago, it had NO sleeves, and the body was only done 1/2 way up the armhole…..I put in a ton of (secret) knitting over the last 3 weeks…and am very pleased with the result!

Anyway, it started snowing Tuesday morning (2/11) before we even got up and continued to snow all day.  Michael and I relaxed in front of the fire with our breakfasts (after his quick trip to the chiropractor’s) and then headed to the studio…me to work on bunny embroideries and him to get caught up on his emails.  At lunch time Joanne and I decided not to brave the cold and go to Stitch & Chat…but she did come over for a piece of chocolate cake for lunch J. Willa called me to ask me to send out an email cancelling quilting for Thursday, since it is supposed to rain and sleet all day Wednesday as well.  I was going to pick up my tumbling blocks book and rulers from Loree on Thursday, but since I wouldn’t see her, I made a quick trip to her house while the weather was not that bad.  I was glad I got to go, because I got to take a picture of HER tumbling blocks:
 
only 3 simple colors (and all from her stash no less!), but boy…what an impact…they practically LEAP off of the wall...I love them!  
I was home by 4 and continued with the bunnies (with time out for dinner) and by 8:30 PM this is what I had:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can’t wait to see them in the ‘spring’ Stitch & Chat window…I think they’ll add a nice touch.  Michael wanted to watch ‘his’ shows in the evening, so I stayed in the studio and worked on some mending until bedtime.

2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.