Friday, February 21, 2014

Loree tumbling blocks, Argen's Sterling School quilt

Thursday (2/20) seemed to go by in a FLASH!  I went to quilting, and Loree brought her finished tumbling blocks top:


She and I are going to do a second one, and we’re going to do the same one…but she has to wait for me to finish my first one, so she has quite a while to gather her fabric!  We also had show and tell of one of the charity quilts that are being made for local school children.  I’m not sure this picture does it justice…I just loved it.  The print is a bunch of racing cars, and Argen picked up the colors of the cars and did snowball blocks in primary colors.  Where the corners come together, they create a secondary block:


I didn’t get home from quilting until 2 PM, which was rather late.  Michael got whole house surge protection scheduled in the afternoon and I took a quick trip to the library with Jan.  Michael and I left at 5 and picked up dinner at Bo Jangles before finding the perfect crème brulee serving dishes at BB&B, and then headed for the movies to see AUGUST:OSAGE COUNTY.  We read a review that said they put some funny bits in the movie that weren’t in the play….don’t you believe it…it was just as depressing as the play, but we had seen our friend Polly in the lead and wanted to see Meryl Streep do it.  When we got home, we watched a couple of sitcoms to cheer up before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.