Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2 tumbling blocks together


Michael left the house early for a blood work appointment on Monday (2/17) since most of the golf courses were still too wet to play, while I headed off to the first Volunteer meeting of the year.  I was very nervous (after 6 years of saying I didn’t want to be president…here I am), but it seemed to go ok and there was a lot of enthusiasm from the group.  Michael and I met up again at 11:30 and went furniture shopping…still looking for a new kitchen table…..we didn’t get home until almost 3 and I was POOPED!!!  I honestly don’t know HOW people go window shopping all the time…I would be exhausted.  The furniture people probably think I’m a pain, but I know what we’re looking for and it really only takes me 15 - 20 minutes to walk through the entire store and say NO to every table they have.  You’d think they’d appreciate someone who can make a decision quickly J.  We saw a couple of possibilities…will have to mull them over and then go back out again.  Michael amazed me by having enough energy to go to the driving range and then even play 4 holes of golf!  I stayed home and read/napped.  We didn’t really have dinner, as we had lunch out before we came home…and I kept trying to get a second wind, but it didn’t happen until 9 PM.  Finally headed downstairs to watch the Olympics and finished sewing multiple block number 2’s into its right and left sides and putting one sample up on the wall:
 
 
I also got 1/2 of the fabric ironed for block number 3, before heading off to bed.

3 comments:

  1. the blocks look better in a photo than in real life?!? How weird is that?

    ME <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just simply INCREDIBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! I'll just go back to sewing my Potato Chip quilt now....:)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.