Saturday, February 22, 2014

amaryllis second bloom, empty kitchen, empty living room

Again, Friday (2/21) seemed to go by in a flash.  Matt (computer repair guy) was in and out to take Michael’s computer (YAY that could be fixed) and to recycle my printer (which could not be fixed L ).  With BG’s help I ordered a new printer, which hopefully will come while I am visiting in CT.  ROCKY"S ELECTRIC came to finish up the whole house surge protector.  Michael got to paint a bit in the afternoon and I finally got all of my cutting done so that I could start to sew the final pieces on the triangles for tumbling block #3.  Around 4 PM things finally started to slow down…I began to set out tables and chairs for our first driveway party of the year, while Michael made 2 big batches of popcorn.  We invited many of the neighbors, as well as Carole & Roger that we met while golf carting around the other day.  We had a big crowd and I think everyone had a good time.  Carole & Roger wanted to tour our model and really liked everything.  Everyone was gone by 6:30 PM and Michael and I collapsed.  I watched FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL (one of my favorite movies…I borrowed it from the library), while Michael watched many of his shows upstairs.  We were both exhausted and fell into bed around 11.

So…you remember the amaryllis that my friend Paula gave us?  One stock bloomed previously and I posted pictures.  A second and much shorter stalk had just split at the top to show a bit of color from the bloom, when we came home one day and the stalk had totally bent and collapsed in the middle.  As hard as it is to believe, even though the stalk withered and got yellow, that bloom continued to emerge:
 
Isn’t that incredible?  As long as Michael was taking pictures, here’s one of our empty kitchen (can’t wait to get our new table on Tuesday):





And our rather empty living room (our reading chairs come on Tuesday as well):








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.