Saturday, February 15, 2014

portable ironing board, pizza


OMgoodness!!!!!  I signed onto the blog this AM and there were 7 comments….SEVEN!!!!!  You people have made my day….I will be smiling all day  J.
******************************************
The sun came up…the temperature went up…and our driveway became a lake!  Michael went out every hour on Valentine’s Day and chopped at the ice/snow to clear off our walk…but the driveway was a lake with no place for the water to go.  This certainly was the worst weather we have seen since we moved down here….4 days were everything was shut down including paper and mail delivery.    So…it was back to the studio for me and smack into a problem.  It is definitely time to replace my ironing board cover.  It’s ok for pressing small seams…but I am ironing half yard pieces of fabric for cutting my strips and the board is NOT working.  I always resist replacing the cover, because it is a pain-in-the-a—job that also takes too much time.  I was getting really irritated on Friday, but then came up with a perfect solution J.  Remember those portable ironing boards that Joanne’s husband Larry made for me?  Viola:
 
it is working PERFECTLY set atop my ironing board…I may never replace my cover again J.  I spent another several hours in my sewing room, cutting strips for my next tumbling block.  Made a smurfy pizza for dinner (1/2 mushrooms & spinach, ½ carmelized onions)
 
and Michael and I watched WAITING FOR GUFFMAN in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm.... Pizza !!!! How many blocks in that 'epic' project ??!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.