Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cookie in her favorite spot

As we walked back to the bedroom Tuesday morning (2/18) to make the bed, this is what greeted us:














If we waited for her to get down...the bed would NEVER get made! 
Michael and Phil managed to get in 9 holes of golf, while I spent the morning on 2 fruitless paperwork tasks.  I say fruitless because nothing got finally resolved and I still have 10 other things on my list of yucky tasks that I have to do L.  Michael came home from golf before NOON and we rushed out to re-look at a table we had seen on Monday.  The table was on sale Monday, but the salesperson said if we came right away, they would still give us the deal…so off we went…our new table comes next Tuesday.  Our new living room chairs come next Tuesday.  The bad news is, our old living room chairs, and kitchen table and chairs leave on Thursday.  So, we called Joanne and Larry (who we had invited to dinner on Friday) and rescinded our Friday night dinner invitation.  Actually, I said we weren’t rescinding it…just postponing it until we got a place to sit and eat.  On the way home, Michael dropped me off at Stitch & Chat and the day started looking up J.  Michael headed to the movies after dinner and I watched the Olympics and continued to knit on a baby sweater.
*************************************************************

I had to drag myself out of bed on Wednesday morning (2/19).  We had the loudest thunderstorm I’ve ever heard in my life Tuesday night…I think if I could have fit UNDER the bed…I would’ve!  After the storm was over, I still just tossed and turned and tossed and turned.  Anyway, I finally got up and was amazed to find out that Michael was still going golfing???  He’s going to slog around the course regardless of its condition (can you say quagmire??)…these golfers are CRAZY J.  We had a bit of bad news due to the storm…Michael’s computer isn’t working…and my printer is KAPUT L.  I went upstairs and Michael said ‘something leaked in the fridge’….well, it was actually 1/2 of a half gallon of milk….gone bad and EXPLODED in the fridge….YUCK!  That was a 2hour clean up…and not a pleasant one either…and by the way…WHERE DO ALL OF THOSE CRUMBS IN THE FRIDGE COME FROM!?!?!??!  Every time I clean it (which is certainly not very often lest you think differently) there are a TON of crumbs in the bottom and in the ‘drawers’ on the shelves…I can never figure out where they come from ~sigh~  Anyway, I started the clean up before Janice called at 9 AM…. then took a quick shower and headed out the door at 10 for a hair appointment, then a few errands, then finished up the cleaning in the early afternoon.  Michael came home from golf around 2 and we decided to tour around in the golf cart, since the temps got into the low 70’s and it was a beautiful day.  We met a really nice couple up in Turkey Point and hope to have a driveway party Friday (if the weather holds) and invite them.  We had leftovers for dinner and I watched (you guessed it) Olympics in the evening and got my strip sets done for tumbling block #3.

1 comment:

  1. Exploding milk ??? Now that's something I've never heard of...That Cookie is a riot ! Thanks for bringing a smile. And I never really gave it any thought - crumbs in the fridge. I want to know how the mosquitos get in the fridge !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.