Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Elsie & Cookie a trois

We got up rather late on Sunday (2/23) after our late night Saturday night and by the time we finished with breakfast and read the paper it was about time to get cleaned up and go to WHAT IS SUSAN”S SECRET…a play at the Lake House starring our neighbor Ann Mary.  What a VERY cute play with quite a few laughs…we also got to ‘meet & greet’ lots of people that we don’t see on a regular basis, so that was fun as well.  Michael made halushki’s for dinner, but instead of using egg noodles which he has always used in the past, he used gnocchi, which is what his grandmother used…dinner was delicious.  We both watched TV separately for most of the evening and I got the strata sewn for another set of tumbling blocks.

*****************************************

Monday morning (2/24) Michael left early for golf at Chester, and it was all about paperwork for all of the morning and early afternoon for me.  I did have company downstairs while I was working on the computer:
notice how they're sleeping on MY blanket!


 
I finally got my health care spending account set up and got some doctor’s bills paid, printed and filled out forms to make withdrawals from our annuities and finalized the paperwork for the music scholarship Michael and I are setting up at my old high school, in memory of our parents (WHOO HOO!!).  I also spent a good bit of time pulling out fabric to make a bunch of pillow cases while I am in Connecticut.  My local quilt group meets at a church, and members of the church are doing a ‘mission trip’ to another town to work on people’s houses and yards.  They like to give each person in the house a pillowcase as a remembrance, and I figured those would be easy for me to work on while I’m visiting.  Finally at 2 PM I got to start working on my blocks.  Michael came home around 3 (with  a score of 90…he said his drives were incredible, but his short game fell apart L) and we got to talk for a bit before Phil picked him up for the SCCL association meeting.  I watched a movie and knit while he was gone and we both watched a bit of TV after he got home.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you !!!! Your music scholarship sounds WONDERFUL ! Your parents were special and I'm so glad I had the chance to meet them. (MJ from CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.