Friday, February 14, 2014

Cookie & Elsie, finished triangles, first tumbling block


Taking the dog out on Thursday morning (2/13) was certainly a treacherous endeavor!!  It kept sleeting overnight and everything looked like a sheet of glass.  Michael went out with the hair dryer to make sure our furnace pipe wasn’t frozen and we had breakfast in the living room in front of the fire.  By 11:30 I was ready to face my sewing machine again…so back to the studio I went J…along with Michael on his computer and our furry kids sleeping (well, not really sleeping...like big sisters everywhere Cookie is saying 'MOM - why can't she leave me alone'!):
 
Finally, by 3 PM I had all of the green outside/blue inside triangles done….and I laid out a block:  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AWESOME!  I love it!  and they’re so BIG!  I continued working and got the triangles sewed together in rows before dinner.  We had Italian Wedding Soup and biscuits for dinner and watched CHARADE in the evening.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome is right! My gosh, that's going to be a mind-blowing quilt! I hope you are staying warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Chloe and the kitty get along that well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you liked BIG things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the block. Very elegant and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! My brain hurts just trying to grasp the piecing. Kudos to you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !!!! The block is FABULOUS !!!! Can't wait for the rest...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.