Wednesday, July 18, 2012

rope tote & ironing board cover


Well….it’s Wednesday (7/18) around lunchtime and I’ve been both productive and lazy!  I’ve done a lot of reading, and some knitting and some sewing and some snowflake making and some eating.  Here’s what’s totally finished (a new rope tote): 



and here’s what in process (because they take a long time to make and are a pain in the you-know-what):



I got the idea to put shiny fabric on one side of the snowflakes….great idea….but the fusible that I used on it, bled through the fabric and ruined my ironing board cover…so a good bit of Sunday and part of Monday I spent make a new ironing board cover (luckily I had fabric I could use in my stash): 


My pressing cloth was also ruined…haven’t looked through my muslin for a replacement yet.

Jan and Walt are picking me up in the golf cart at dinnertime and we are going down to the softball fields for hot dogs from the Tailgators for dinner and tomorrow night we’re going out to a Mexican restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.