Saturday, July 14, 2012


Friday (7/13) was a busy day.  Once I got home from walking with Beth (Michael was out walking with Cookie) I got a coffee cake baked, as well as a new brownie recipe (Michael and I thought the texture was good….chewy and fudgy….but it was missing the intense chocolate flavor  I was looking for L).  At 9 AM, Dennis showed up and we talked for over an hour about getting a spousal bereavement group started here at Sun City.  Luckily he only needs me to get the ball rolling and then he will take it over, because my plate is FULL!!!  I have a list of things I have to get done to get it started, and hope to be completely finished by end of next week.  After he left I ran up to the Lake House to submit a room request for our meeting, then headed on to the library to pick up a reserved book.  When I got home, Michael was ready to leave for his (routine) dermatology appointment, and I got ready for a memorial service.   Rose picked me up at NOON and we headed out.  This was a woman from Volunteers, who had had back pain for over a year.  When they finally diagnosed it as cancer, it was stage 4.  This is the 3rd person I know of who had exactly the same symptoms….back pain….no diagnosis for a long time…then cancer.  It was very sad.  Her husband asked for donations to our Volunteer Group as he is sure that’s what Teresa would have wanted.  That is incredibly nice.  Once I got home I changed clothes and ran a bunch of donations for the Children’s Home up to the Lake House.  There were people from volunteers hosting a hot dog party there, and I had a bunch of stuff for them to take down.  When I got home, Michael had showered and changed and we left to pick up Sally and Jimmy and headed out to a new Italian restaurant in a nearby town.  Our meals were HEAVEN!!!  Michael and I both had the ravioli, but he had meat sauce and I had alfredo sauce.  Sally had the gnocchi and Jimmy had a seafood medley.  Jimmy shared 2 of his large and perfectly grilled scallops with us, as well as a large butterflied shrimp.  We were all stuffed when we got to S&J’s house, so we just relaxed and talked for a couple of hours before heading home.  I read for a bit while Michael watched TV and then we headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.