Monday, July 23, 2012

rope tote and restaurant week


Sunday morning (7/22) Michael and I took our normal Sunday bike ride…stopping at the library and grocery store on the way home.  The milk crate on the back of my bike continues to amaze me with the amount of stuff it can hold.  On Sunday I had 5  boxes Kraft Mac and Cheese (for the shelter), 2-8 oz containers of port wine cheese, 2 large frozen lemonade containers, 5 bananas, 2 half gallons of oj, 36 eggs  and 2 quarts of 1/2 & 1/2.   Oh, and my wallet!  Michael took the dog for a walk when we got home, and I got to drink my tea and read the paper in peace!   I headed to the studio in the afternoon, and finished this:



before we left to pick up Joanne and Larry for Charlotte Restaurant Week.    Thirty bucks for 3 (or sometimes 4) courses.  I had a crab cake with slaw, spinach salad with mushrooms, onions, feta) and warm bacon dressing…then some kind of lobster medley with artichokes and kalamata olives over pesto orzo…and their almond basket (with ice cream and cream anglais and raspberry glaze) for dessert.  Michael had a scallop appetizer (although you had to look at the plate VERY closely to SEE the smallest sea scallops I’ve ever seen  L) and a mixed greens salad, with grilled mahi mahi for his main course…and a chocolate silk pie for dessert.  Luckily all 4 of us brought home leftovers, otherwise I think we would have been stuck in our seats!  I worked a bit in the studio in the evening…trying to figure out what I was going to do next, and then we watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.