Tuesday, July 3, 2012

bread, lemon meringue pie

Michael left for golf (coming home with an 86) on Monday (7/2) before I got home from my walk with Beth.  I decided as long as I was already hot and sweaty from the walk, I would get all of my baking done right then, and clean up afterwards.  I got 2 loaves of bread baked:



a lemon meringue pie (which I definitely would NOT have been able to complete without Paula’s help…she came by for a visit and there are just too many steps that have to be done at the same time…so she spent her whole visit stirring stuff on the stove!):



mile high meringue...doesn't do anything for me, but that's what
Michael likes!  I was supposed to use 4 egg whites, but I've
been saving them and I used 9!
about a dozen spice cookies from some leftover dough in the fridge…and I also got chocolate decadence ice cream made.  I’ve been dying for some really good brownies, but I ran out of time, so it will have to wait until we get back from the wedding next Monday.  All in all it was a very productive morning, but I was glad to get down to my studio to finally start cutting out my dress around 2 PM.  I had to cut a little, then sit a little because my feet were really acting up after being in the kitchen all morning.  I got most of the dress cut out before Meg showed up.  Meg will be dog/cat/garden/house sitting while we are at the wedding in Maine.  We showed her all through the house, gave her a list of instructions and a key and sent her on her way.  I left shortly afterwards for square dancing.  I collected money for 1-1/2 hours, then came home to relax and knit (my feet had had it by then).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.