Wednesday, July 25, 2012

first Mah Jongg purses


Tuesday morning (7/24) Michael took Cookie for a walk, and I finished ironing my new purses:


Does that fabric look familiar?  It should, I just finished making a rope tote out of it!  I took the leftovers to experiment with these purses.  You know all of the small purses I made during retreat?  Well, a lot of people here play a game called Mah Jongg.  They told me I should make the purses big enough to hold the cards



that they have to purchase every year…so that’s what these are.  They are wider than my regular purses, and have 2 colors instead of 3.  I may see if I can start embroidering the words ‘Mah Jongg’ on the front of them.  I headed off to Nancy’s around 9:30 and as usual, we talked and laughed for 2-1/2 hours before I headed for home.  I meant to grab a quick lunch, but had a bunch of phone messages to return and had to abruptly hang up on Janice when Joanne pulled up to pick me up for Stitch & Chat.  I worked on a hat to be donated for our sale in October, and when I came home I did a bunch of paperwork before having dinner and seeing Michael off to the movies.  He and Larry went to see THE DARK KNIGHT (I told him if someone started shooting to get behind the seats!) and I spent the evening in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.