Thursday, July 12, 2012

Emily & Pete, Charlie & Sue


We are here; we are here; we are here!  Wedding went off without a hitch:

Emily & Pete

parents of bride: Charlie & Sue (Michael's sister)
  
and weather was beautiful (if hotter than I had hoped and WAY more mosquito-ey than I had imagined!)  Home safe and sound that is….bags all unpacked (only because of Michael.  If left to my own devices the opened suitcases would sit on the floor for a couple of weeks as I rooted through them for things I need), laundry done, and sleep schedule almost back to normal.  Monday night dinner was champagne and puffy things…heaven!  I got to spend Tuesday morning with Nancy, and even though we spent 2-1/2 hours together…with not a moment of silence….we didn’t get through everything we had to talk about since we had to skip last week’s visit (due to my procrastination on the dress).  Tuesday afternoon was Stitch ‘n’ Chat and Tuesday evening Michael and Walt went to see the new Spiderman, while Jan and I stayed home and solved ALL the problems of the world!  Wednesday morning Michael left for the red-white-and-blue tournament at our home course.  The bad news is that his partner left during the round with stomach problems…but the good news is, he teamed up with someone else for the putting contest at the end, and feels that he was ‘in the money’ when he left.  I hit the farmer’s market for cantaloupe and peaches, and met with Donna for awhile to help with the progress of her sweater.  We had yummy, yummy ‘mater sammiches for dinner (with tomatoes from our deck tomato plant…the larger ones in the garden out back are not yet ripe) and just crashed for the evening

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip! Looks like the wedding was near a shoreline in CT - a lovely spot. But I hear you about the weather - I don't know how you manage the SC weather - this summer has been brutal as far as I am concerned and I am CRAVING 70-degree temperatures. I'd love to see pictures of the dress you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I shoulda warned you about Maine mosquitos. Thought if you were more in the city, you'd be OK. They are vicious and bloodthirsty...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.