Monday, July 30, 2012

British invasion


Friday (7/27) was very busy.  I got the downstairs picked up and vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned.  I made up the bed in the guest room.  I cleaned the upstairs front bathroom, then Jan picked me up to go to Joann’s.  I got the thin gold ribbon I was looking for, so I could finally finish those new snowflakes:




While I was gone Michael went to the grocery store and vacuumed the upstairs.  All of this preparation is for 3 British subjects, staying here over the weekend.  They are part of a brass band and they have given concerts all over the world.  My neighbors brought them over to give a concert here (Saturday night) and were looking for host families.  We are housing the director, assistant director and their sound engineer.  When I got home from Joann’s, I put together 2 loaves of sandwich bread and a bunch of cookies.  While the bread was rising I had a little time to work on the new purses (Oriental fabric courtesy of Nancy and blue fabric from my stash) and they are finished.  



I made a new pasta/chicken casserole for dinner, then headed up to the Sales Center to pick up the guys.  Our neighbors made these cool signs with the British flag and everyone’s name on them that we waved around as the bus pulled up.

 THE BRITISH ARE COMING, THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!

Our British guests are here:

Phil (asst director), Chris (director, with sign made by neighbor) & Pete (with Cookie who they all loved and wanted to take home!)

we have the band director, the assistant director and their sound guy staying with us.

OK…here it is Sunday night and I don’t know where the weekend went.  The guests we had were AWESOME and fun!!!!  They watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics Friday night (I don’t know how they kept their eyes open) and after breakfast on Saturday (a great new casserole I made) they left to go touring all around.  We went to the concert Saturday night and it is just NOT BELIEVEABLE that these are junior and senior high kids from a regular public school…they were PHENOMENAL.  WE brought our guests home after the concert, made a bunch of sandwiches (they were starving, having last eaten a late lunch)










and played ‘screwed’ for about an hour.  Sunday morning we made them pancakes and potatoes and bacon and they loved all of it.  We went to church (the church that sponsored them to come here) and afterwards there was a pot luck luncheon and sad, sad good-byes  L.

They really were a fabulous group of guys and we would love to host them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.