Sunday, July 15, 2012

knitting clinic guests


Michael left for golf on Saturday (7/14) before I even got out of bed to get ready for walking with Beth!  I guess during these hot weather days, that is best….it was supposedly only 74 degrees when I took Cookie out…but I felt like I got slapped in the face with a big, wet towel as I stepped out onto the porch….the humidity must have been 200%!  Anyway, Beth and Cookie and I took our walk and when I came home I had breakfast and then took a nap!  I don’t know whether it was because I missed my thyroid pill yesterday or what, but I felt exhausted.  Luckily Donna called at 10 (and woke me up) to say she needed help with her sweater.  I told her all of the knitting ladies would be over at 11..and then I ran to redd** up the house a bit, take a shower and change my clothes.  I was ready for everyone who came, and what a nice crowd we had:


Nancy with her entrelac sweater

Jen with a lace shawl and Jan with a scarf for her granddaughter

Connie (former student now friend) with her baby blanket and Barrie (knitter extraordinaire!!)

Joy with her poncho and Beth with a Christmas present.

 Michael came home from golf near 1 when everyone was leaving.  When I asked him how he did at golf, he calmly replied that he had hit a 77….a SEVENTY-SEVEN!!!!!!  First time ever in his life!!!  How thrilling was that….he had 3 birdies on the course and scorched out a 77!!!!  He was thrilled and I was thrilled for him.  We relaxed and read a bit in the afternoon, then headed up to a golfing buddy’s house.  Michael is leaving for a 6 day golfing trip on Sunday and at the last minute, the driver for the trip fell and hurt himself…so he is not going.  Michael will be taking our car, so we stopped by to pick up all of the information.  We picked up a chicken sandwich at Wendy’s for Michael’s dinner on the way home (I had lots of leftovers), and spent the evening knitting and reading and watching TV and packing.



**The terms redd and redd up came to the American Midlands from the many Scottish immigrants who settled there. Meaning "to clear an area or to make it tidy," redd is still used in Scotland and Northern Ireland; in the United States it is especially common in Pennsylvania as the phrasal verb redd up. The term, which goes back to Old Norse rydhja, can be traced from the 15th century to the present, particularly in dialects of Scotland and the North of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.