Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Donn'a sweater


Happy Birthday to me!  Yep, it’s July 23rd and I’m getting perilously close to 60!!!!  A friend asked if I was doing anything special for my day and I said ‘not really…when you’re retired, it doesn’t seem as if birthdays are that special because you get to do whatever you want EVERY DAY!!!’  Michael and I ate out twice over the weekend, so I definitely don’t want to go out to dinner…maybe in a week or so.  I DO want to make a birthday cake, but that might happen Wednesday ‘cause we’ll have guests for dinner.  Other than that….I got a terrific birthday present….the pasta making attachments for my Kitchen Aid mixer!!!!  I am excited and can’t wait to try homemade pasta again.  I DO have a hand crank one…but it really takes 3 hands, one to feed the sheets in, one to catch them and one to turn the crank.  The mixer will take care of the ‘turn the crank’ part.  Michael was golfing on Monday and I spent most of the day in my studio, working on new purses.  Donna came over for help with her sweater….and I finally remembered to take a picture, so now you know all 3 people who are working on this same sweater:














We had leftovers for dinner, along with corn on the cob, then headed off to square dancing.  By 9 PM we had been dancing for 2-1/2 hours and we were beat to we came home to read and watch a little TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, Donna's looks very different using the variegated yarn throughout. I hope when you all finish, you'll take a modelling pic together.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.