Saturday, March 31, 2012

knitted, beaded necklaces

We spent all day Thursday (3/29) at the Biltmore….the Vanderbilt’s mountain, get-away “cottage”.  We were up at o’dark hundred to catch the bus and arrived home at 7 PM.  There’s something about riding in a bus for 6 hours that just wears you out!  Thursday night we sat around in a stupor…watching TV!

Friday morning (3/30) Michael left for rehearsal.  I walked with Beth (and Cookie) in the morning, then did chores until Michael came home.  We spent an hour finally pulling together all of our tax stuff and then loaded the car with my challenge quilt and our tax stuff and took off.  Our insurance agent is letting my display my challenge quilt in an effort to sell it.  As a matter of fact, our financial person who came over on Wednesday said that they are looking for new office space, and if I don’t sell it by June, to let her know…she might like it for the office!  Anyway, we got it set up in the agent’s office, then headed over to drop off our taxes.  We had a late lunch at the BBQ next door and then Michael went grocery shopping when we got home.  In the evening we were still tired from Thursday, so we just watched TV…but I did get the clasps sewn onto 4 necklaces I had completed some time ago:



Saturday morning (3/31) Michael took off for golf (even though I thought it was still raining!) and my knitting students arrived at 9.  We had a great time, but made some different plans for next week.  I bought a new game to take to retreat this year, so we are all playing it next Saturday morning so that I can figure out how it plays.  I spent Saturday afternoon in the studio, working on some UFO’s and after dinner we dropped Cookie off at grammy Jan’s and headed to Charlotte for Tchaikovsky at the symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.