Thursday, March 1, 2012

LEAP DAY!!!!!  Wednesday morning we were up early to finish off packing before leaving for the airport at 9:30.  We made it there in plenty of time and I bought a Bon Appetit magazine to peruse while waiting for the plane.  I just HAD to buy it….it had a big picture of a pizza on the front with the caption ‘make the perfect pizza crust’….I couldn’t resist.  I’m still searching for the holy grail of the perfect pizza crust (as well as the perfect raspberry square.  I AM encouraged though because last year I actually did find the perfect lemon bar).  The flight was uneventful (although very bumpy) and I landed about an hour late (there were at least 9 planes on the runway in front of us at Charlotte…I’ve never seen anything like it).  It was easy enough to find the bus stop for the express bus to Framingham, and I talked to a very interesting young man all the way there.  He was coming home for a brief visit to his parents, after spending a bit of time in Brazil.  He was thinking of going there to teach English, but first he was off to Russia to teach there.  Only 25 years old and seemed to have a wealth of maturity to him…as well as that sense of adventure.  Mary Jo wasat Framingham to pick me up…thank goodness as I landed in snowy, sleety weather with just a light jacket on.  The drive home was scary, but we made it safely to a house that smelled wonderfully of homemade soup!  The rest of the day was spent knitting and eating and sewing and talking-talking-talking!!!  Although I miss my honey a lot, it is great to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.