Monday, March 12, 2012

pillow cover

Saturday (3/10) turned out to be just as busy as Friday….Michael left for golf and I managed to just finish vacuuming and dusting upstairs when my knitting clinic students showed up at 9.  We had a good time and I think several of them learned a lot (they have started projects and are learning to read the knitting directions).  They left at 11 and I hustled downstairs to start pulling together information for our volunteer drive that starts Monday….I am the chairperson (basically because no one else volunteered) and I am way behind on getting it started.  I got a lot of stuff pulled together, and Linda came over at 1 to help with a few things.  Between the 2 of us I think everything will run just fine….she agreed to take care of the poster and setting up the bins and that was a big weight off of my mind.   Linda left around 2 and I got back to sewing and finished off another pillow cover (the first one had strips going on the diagonal and this one they are vertical): 

 One of my students stopped by at 4 to confirm that she was doing her decreases correctly, and then it was back to sewing again, this time trying to pull together embroiders for 2 red hat pot holders. 

Michael and I left at 6:30 to drop off Cookie at Grammy Jan and Walt’s for babysitting while we headed to Ovens Auditorium for the symphony pops and ‘the music of Michael Jackson’.  It was a fabulous show and we were ready to drop into bed after picking up Cookie at 11:15.

On Sunday (3/11) we had a relaxing morning reading the paper in front of the fire.  Cookie LOVED the fire and spent 1-1/2 hours on the hearth or very near by.  She was totally quiet the whole time….WOW…a first  J.  We got cleaned up in the afternoon and Michael made a big bowl of popcorn as we were invited over to a cocktail party at a neighbor’s.  We spent a couple of hours talking and laughing and in general having a good time.  When we got home, Michael sat down to watch some TV and I headed downstairs to try to work on some crafts.  I think I still haven’t caught up on sleep from my trip to CT and by 9 PM I could barely put 1 foot in front of the other!  I went to bed and slept straight through until 6 AM and am feeling much better today (Monday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.