Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tuesday (3/20) started out wonderfully…..a nice morning walk with Beth….our first-of-the-year breakfast on the deck with Michael…and a fun visit with Nancy.  It went downhill dramatically as Nancy was walking to her car…and I was showing Keith (her husband) Cookie, and as our neighbor walked by she pointed down at my driveway and said ‘oh look, a snake’!!!!!   I screamed at Nancy to leap into her car and slam the door…..I ran inside and called my neighbor (Michael was out getting the car fixed and running errands) and Joe came over with a shovel.  Of course the little bugger slithered off into the pine straw.  My honey came home with 2 boxes of moth balls, which are now spread around the bushes next to our garage.  I took off to pick up Jan for knitting at 1, ever alert to the ground, but luckily there were no new sightings.  We had a good time at knitting and Michael made dinner shortly after I got home because (not having had lunch) we were both hungry.  We decided we wanted to watch “UP” (a great movie that Mary Jo gave me as a gift when I was in CT) in the evening with popcorn.  Once again I LOVED the movie, but something really strange happened.  Cookie was on the couch with us, and when the Ed Asner character showed up in the movie….Cookie started growling…before he even spoke.  Once he started talking, there was more growling.  In fact, Cookie was on high alert for the entire movie….weird!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.