Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peggy & Larry for dinner

At 8 AM Friday morning (3/16) I was at the dentist getting my permanent crown put on.  Not a great experience, but at least it is mostly over.  He wants me to live with it for a few weeks and then he will make a final adjustment.  I spent the afternoon making hamburger buns:

and a lemon meringue pie:

for our diner with Peggy and Larry:

Larry builds the frames for me when I want to mount a quilt instead of quilting it….so I usually invite them over after my project is finished so that he can see what I did with the frame (you can see the challenge quilt again behind them).  Peggy is also a quilter and had heard about my challenge quilt and she was excited to see it as well.  Michael did burgers on the grill (first grilling of 2012) and we also had sweet potato fries and a salad.  We played cards for a bit after dinner and had a really nice time visiting.  Cookie has matured remarkably in the last 3 weeks and spent most of the time doing this:

and this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.