Wednesday, March 7, 2012

coming home from CT

Monday morning (3/5) BG and I got to knit and watch TV before heading out to lunch with Al (my financial planner).  BG’s tax guy is in the same building, so she made an appointment with him.  Al took us to a pub and beforehand was apologizing about the ‘fare’ saying they didn’t have many selections and stuff.  I got a Rueben sandwich and BG got a grilled cheese and we split them 1/2 and 1/2.  The grilled cheese was excellent…but the Reuben was outstanding!!!!  so very yummy.  It was a great lunch, after which we headed back to the office…me for a meeting with Al and BG for a meeting with her accountant.  Al and I talked over a variety of things, and after stopping at the grocery store, BG and I were home around 3.  BG had a chance to show me these really cute dog bandanas that she is making for her craft fair…and I might make for mine!  We had leftover for dinner, and continued our knitting far into the night.



Tuesday morning (3/6) it was up at o’dark hundred for the trip to the airport.  Everything went off without a hitch…until I got to Charlotte 30 minutes early…and was very cold waiting for Michael.  He and Cookie finally showed up and it was an eventful ride home as Cookie had thrown up on the way TO the airport, and proceeded to throw up all over me on the way FROM the airport…guess she’s not a car dog!  We gave her a bath after we got home and put all of the towels and clothes in the washer, and then took a nap…I was tired!  Once I got up, I spent the rest of the afternoon putting the borders on my paint can challenge.  Walt and Michael went the movies Tuesday night, and Jan helped me to get the quilt mounted on the frame that was delivered while I was in Connecticut.  Paula came over for a visit with Cookie and brought me a mat for my kitchen counter.  I haven’t used a dish drainer in forever, I just pu t a towel down and put my dishes on the towel.  Paula does the same thing and brought me a very thick mat that you use instead of a towel.  Someone bought her one and she loves it…I can’t wait to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.