Sunday, March 25, 2012

alcohol ink

I was up early Saturday morning (3/24) with lots to get done (I’m going to detail the minutia here because this is a pretty typical day and you’ll understand why I’m always tired at the end of them!)  I threw in a load of laundry and headed to the grocery store for their Saturday specials.  Once home I balanced the checkbook and headed downstairs to update the blog and run through my emails.  I also got 8 letters formatted, printed and addressed for sending in the next 2 weeks to our friend Dorothy, who is in a nursing home.  I finished just in time to run up to the Lake House for our 9 AM food sorting.  I had a group of ladies helping me and they did everything in a flash, enabling me to be home by 9:30 for my 4 knitting students.  As always, we had a good time and I am very pleased with the progress they are making.  They left after 11 and I had breakfast/lunch, set my hair, folded most of the laundry and spent an hour pulling together room reservations and other details for our volunteer drives for the rest of the year.  I felt I finally deserved a break and got to work in my studio for awhile.  Michael came home from golf (with an 83, including a scorching 39 on the back!!!!) and we both got ready and left for dinner at a friend’s house in Lake Wylie (fabulous chicken, carrots, zucchini, rice and rolls with chocolate pie for dessert).  We got home at 8:30, played with the dog for a bit, then watched TV and knit until bedtime.  Some days I feel like I run as fast as I can, but still fall further and further behind!

I haven’t mentioned it before, but Michael has taken a couple of art classes in a new medium called alcohol inks…here are pictures of 2 of his ‘paintings’:


He has a 3rd class coming up soon and I can’t wait to see what he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.