Wednesday, March 28, 2018

yoghurt, 3rd & 4th quilts done, kitty videos


A little catching up first…I never did get Michael’s yoghurt done on Monday, so that’s what I did first thing Tuesday morning (3/27): 















Next…I am TWO movie reviews behind (Michael had them written out, but I kept forgetting to put them in!!)…and they were good movies, so here goes:

********Michael's Movie Reviews*****

WRINKLE IN TIME (and *Redstone Theater Review) – Wrinkle in Time stays fairly close to the young adult book of the same name.  I used to read it to my 6th grade classes and was curious to see how Hollywood would handle it.  Brilliant cinematography enjances the story of a daughter’s search for her long lost father.  The search stretches across time and space.  With the help of fantastic other dimensional characters, Meg and her brother Charles Wallace and friend Calvin, ultimately face the terrible “IT” on Camazotz.  “IT” is pure evil and is engulfing the whole universe, and can only be defeated by one thing (I won’t give that away).  Great acting by Meg and extraordinary acting by the youngster who plays Charles Wallace, lift this movie to great heights.  I give it 4-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.

*Redstone Theatre is your ordinary theatre with 14 big screens and regular seats (no recliners).  Their small popcorn & drink is REALLY SMALL!!!  Brand new and clean with super sound system in the theatre, I attended to see WiT.

LARA CROFT TOMB RADER – The reboot of this classic video game/movie from 6 – 8 years ago is quite good.  It starts with plenty of back story of Lara Croft’s relationship with her mysterious dad.  Eventually he disappears and she is obsessed with finding out what happened to him.  That leads to adventures in Japan and ultimately to an uncharted island home to the burial place of an evil queen of death and destruction.  People want to unearth her (why?)  Very ‘Indiana Jones’ type perils await Lara in her quest.  Good guys (and gals) abound as do very evil villains.  It’s all good fun and not super violent.  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5. 

Tuesday was unusual in that we were both home for breakfast with no where we had to be, so when Michael came home from walking the dog at 9:30, I asked him if he wanted pancakes for breakfast.  I had buttermilk, yoghurt and milk that I had to use up, so that's why I wanted to make pancakes...and they were yummy:















I had most of the day Tuesday to work on my quilts, and I needed it.   By lunchtime I had finished the 3rd quilt:  


and I began to take the 4th quilt off of Miss Scarlett to get it cleaned up.  I got the bobbin ends woven in, the basting ripped out and the trimming done before heading out with Michael and the girls to the vet’s office.  Well, it’s going to be a long 2 weeks….they have eye infections, ear infections and respiratory infections.  So twice a day we have a myriad of antibiotics to apply that they don’t like getting….that’s definitely going to be a challenge.  We were at the vet’s for 1-1/2 hours, so I really put my head down to work when we got back.  Michael had dinner and left to pick up Larry for the movies and by the time he got home…they 4th quilt was done:  


YAY!!!!  Paula came up with a good ‘wrapping’ solution…on Wednesday we hope to make nylon net bags to hold each of the quilts.  Hopefully that presentation will make them seem more like a gift, than just handing over a pile of ‘blankets’ (I just cringe when the VFW guy called them blankets...as I'm sure any qulter would  :~). 

Your daily dose of cute:




I may have posted this next one yesterday...I don't remember:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.