Friday, March 2, 2018

Food & Show & Tell at quilting


Although it rained a lot yesterday, Michael was up early on Thursday (3/1) hopeful that he could still golf  :~).  He packed my car for quilting before leaving and off I went!  It was a wonderful day, with fabulous food:  

my Mexican lasagna after baking





these lemon bars were YUMM-O!!















and wonderful show and tell:  

Floy makes THE CUTEST quilts!!

click to make larger to check out the embroideries

June made for friend with pancreatic cancer

Susie has made a commitment to use her machine more....she is our hand piecing hand quilting expert!

Mary Ann's quilt of valor that just came off of my machine  :~)

I made a quick stop at the library on this way home and after talking with Michael for just a bit (no, he didn’t get to golf; he went up to the club but it was just too wet), I collapsed on the sofa and took a nap.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening quilting on Paula’s quilt.  I need to have it completely done before I leave for retreat (which will be Saturday morning).  Michael left just before 6:30 to be a greeter at the Lake House for the art show around the walking track.  He submitted a pen and ink drawing…my favorite piece of art in our house!  I would urge everyone to see the show (and of course…vote for my honey’s art  :~).

2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.