Monday, March 12, 2018

AJ and Dobby


Other than a short visit with Paula and a long conversation with BG, I spent all of Saturday morning (3/10) getting my blog entry out!  When I have a lot of pictures, it always takes a long time.  Saturday afternoon was spent unpacking my quilting supplies as well as the finished quilt tops and getting them re-ironed and labeled with sizes before storing them on top of the guest room bed for eventual quilting.  I didn’t even get through all of them before Paula picked us up just after 5 PM.  Cynthia and Anne were also with us as we headed out to HOBO’s for dinner, where Pat & George joined us.  Our dinner was terrific (first time for Anne, me, Cynthia and Paula), after which we walked across the street to the Fort Mill Theatre production of SAVANNAH SIPPING SOCIETY.  What a hoot!!!!  We all laughed through the entire play….the casting was brilliant and the writing…excellent!  We were home by 10 PM and read for an hour or so before bed.

************************

I did not get out of bed on Sunday morning (3/11) until almost NOON!!  Michael was going to take the dog for a walk and I decided to just stay in bed.  I dozed and woke and dozed and woke and it was heavenly!  I really gave myself permission to stay in bed…and that made me relax.  I really think I needed that after the retreat week.  Michael made me a smurfy egg/cheese/spinach/toast with 2 slices of leftover bacon….YUM!  I eventually made my way downstairs to continue to get my retreat quilt tops ironed and labeled with their sizes.  Michael was there as well, working on his computer, so of course Cookie was with us:  














Although she looks snuggle-y and content….I think this picture is sad because there is no Elsie in it  :~(.  BUT, I do have one other snuggle-y cat picture to share:  


It seems AJ is making friends with Dobby!  

I finally got my whole retreat craft box empty, got 6 yards of blue fleece loaded up on Miss Scarlett, and started to lay out the first quilt:  


Have I said this already?  I have 4 patriotic quilt tops (finished before I left on retreat) and my goal is to have them all quilted labeled and bound by the end of March.  A totally do-able goal, as long as I don’t goof off too much  :~).  Michael and I ate our leftovers from HOBO’s for dinner (although he ate mine and I ate his!!), then it was snuggling on the couch, watching TV for the rest of the evening.

BG used one of my patriotic quilt directions to make a beautiful quilt out of fall fabric:


I do not know how she gets so many quilts done while working 40+ hours a week...she has mastered the art of '15 minutes of sewing per day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.