Tuesday, March 27, 2018

2nd quilt done, martini night at Andi's


Michael left at 8:15 AM Monday morning (3/26) for golf at Stonebridge and I was out the door right behind him.  I wanted to be at Himebaugh’s when they opened at 9 AM to buy more thread for my labels.  I picked up 2 spools and some needles and headed off to the dollar store, hoping to score gift bags for these quilts.  I had no luck at all  :~(.  I found the perfect size, unfortunately they were all decorated for baby gifts.  Guess I’ll have to drop back to plan “B”, just as soon as I figure out what that is.  I made a quick stop at ALDI’s for blueberries & blackberries so that I could finally put together Michael’s yoghurts before getting home at 10:30.  I headed right downstairs to continue to work on another quilt.  Other than a visit from Nadine (kitties foster mom) when we decided that the kitties may have colds and should go to the vets, I had my nose to the grindstone with the quilts.  Michael was home by then...happy with his 3 birdies....but not with his score!

By the time I left for martini night, another quilt was totally done (2 down and 2 to go....I have an appointment on Thursday at 3 PM to give them away):  


















Martini night was at Andi’s house and it was great.  She had the table all set, and little vases of really pretty flowers scattered about: 




















We had apple-tinis to go with dinner:


She had loaded potato skins for an appetizer, and the potatoes were only about 1 inch in diameter…so cute and so yummy:  


Then a terrific salad, 


and a huge chicken pot pie casserole….yum!  


We played Pictionary after dinner….most of us are terrible artists, but we guessed most of the answers and laughed and laughed.  




This was Bonnie drawing 'Spain'....I don't think we got this one  :~). 

Dessert was chocolate-y, minty martinis, rasberry bites, and thin mint cookies:














It was a wonderful night and I had a good time talking with everyone.  I was home just after 10 PM and read for a tiny bit before bed.

So, our friend Ginny bought an exquisite gift for 'the girls'....the top of the box is a scratching pad, and inside the box:

Lucy & Ethel already love and play with the ones we've put on the floor!!

Kitty video of the day:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.