Saturday, March 3, 2018

Mexican Lasagna again, Paula's quilt finished


I knew I’d have a busy day Friday (3/2) so Michael and I hopped right up to get started.  First up was making another Mexican lasagna: 

layer tortillas

add chicken/onion/black beans/cheese/sourcream/corn mixture

another layer of corn tortillas

cover with that luscious homemade endhilada sauce

and a little more cheese to top it off...YUM!

as my contribution to dinner during the QUAP retreat…remember QUAP?  It stands for Quilt-a-holics And Pat!  Although how she can continue to protest that she is ‘not a quilter’ after finishing at least 4 quilts last year,  I don’t know  :~).  

I also got the sausage unwrapped and into the skillet (my honey is such a sweetie and said he’d fry it up for me.  This is for a soup during the retreat), and headed downstairs to Paula’s quilt.  I really like the quilting pattern she picked:


I finished up my Thursday project at quilting yesterday:  


so I got that measured and stored in the spare bedroom.  Quilting on patriotic tops (I have 4 now, all destined for a secret project) is my first priority when I get back from retreat.  Pat and I are leaving around 7 AM tomorrow (Saturday 3/3) and won’t be back until the following Friday (3/9), so no blog entries until next Saturday or Sunday.  I will have access to email if you want to write  :~).  

By dinnertime I had Paula’s quilting all finished:  


and spent an hour or so trimming, ripping out basting and weaving in ends.  After that I headed upstairs to finish pulling together everything else I need for retreat.

Even though it's going down to 33 degrees tonight....lots and lots of trees are in bloom already and they look beautiful:



Bonus pictures:

Mary Jo did a set of pillow cases as a wedding gift for Tara, and she finally had a chance to give them...aren't they gorgeous?


and BG finished her March block of the month:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.