Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Lucy & Ethel videos, Show & Tell at Machine Embroidery


Even though it was overcast with a 70% chance of rain, it wasn’t raining when we got up, so Michael headed out at 8 AM for golfing in Rock Hill on Monday morning (3/20).  I headed downstairs to start quilting on the paperclip quilt.  I didn’t want to use the same ‘flame’ stitch I have been using because the row height is over 8 inches and I’m sure when I get the end of the quilt, I won’t have that much space left, since I’m rolling up THREE quilts  :~).  Also, I love the pattern on this quilt, and didn’t want to hide it in any way, so I used a cream colored thread.  And, I dropped back to my regular star motif:  















I’m excited because I bought 2 new patriotic patterns over the weekend and can’t wait to use them on something.  Lucy & Ethel were having great fun with me…they ran all over the basement, chasing each other for about an hour, then settled in to rest:  


Then it was up and playing with a cat toy for another bout of time: 


then another rest.  And another bout of playing:


Before Pat came over to see/play with them:


















After that we both left for our Machine Embroidery meeting.  Cathy gave a demo on putting zippers into tote bags and it was excellent!  Then of course, we had show and tell:  













































When I got home, Lucy & Ethel were snuggled in their bed:


and Michael was home...they got in all 18 holes and didn't get rained on even a little bit!!  We talked for a bit, then I just collapsed on the sofa for a nap!  I sewed for just a bit when I got up, and while we were watching TV, I got 32 HST trimmed and pressed 


for our charity day next Thursday at Scrap Happy Quilters.


1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.