Monday, March 26, 2018

Cookie & kitties, finished quilt, Quilt of Valor recipient


Sunday (3/25) was another gloomy day, perfect to stay in and sew/quilt, so that’s exactly what I did  :~).  I started to quilt the 4th quilt…unfortunately I had changed to a variegated thread which is a teeny, tiny bit thinner than my regular thread and my tension was WAY off  :~(.  Two hours later after I had ripped out everything, I tried again after changing the needle, bobbin, tension, re-threading and trying a test strip and finally got somewhere:  


Michael, Lucy, Ethel & Cookie all came downstairs as well…I guess someone is jealous of the kitty's new bed:   















I can’t believe she even fits in there.  Eventually cooler heads prevailed and everyone was back to their regular places:   




Lynn & Mitch (neighbors) came down to visit the kitties and brought a gift.  Mitch does pottery and made 2 matching dishes for the girls:  















They seem to like them.  

While I was quilting on the 4th quilt, I worked on the binding of the first quilt and by the time I went to bed, all of the quilting was done: 


and I had one totally finished quilt:  


One down, 3 more to go.  I play to call today and hope to make an appointment for the end of the week to give away these 4 quilts I've been working on.  Once I have given them, I'll talk more about where they are going.  I'm both excited and nervous about it...we'll see what happens.

And, another veteran received one of my Quilts of Valor:


I just love making these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.