Friday, March 23, 2018

SHQ show & tell, Lucy & Ethel, dinner out


Michael left early for golfing on Thursday (3/22) even though it was only 34 degrees outside…what is up with this weather???  Shouldn’t it be warmer by now?  He packed up the car before he left so that I could head out to quilting.  We had a smaller group today…but that was kind of nice as it was much less noisy  :~), but still some beautiful show and tell:  

You really need to look at this picture closely....it is called picture piecing and Denise did an incredible job; she actually sews on a featherwight (the machine in the picture):
















And here's June's picture piecing...June got Denise started on this crazy kind of quilting :~):


Loree is teaching this next one as a class next month...I can't wait.  She added the sashing to the pattern and I think it totally makes her quilt:


















When I got home, my babies ran to greet me…they are so precious.  I headed downstairs for a bit and they came with me and played for about half an hour before falling asleep in their bed:  


















I worked on trimming my quilts and making binding in the afternoon: 


















Michael got home around 1:30 PM…I can’t believe he wasn’t frozen solid…it only got up to 51.  But he seemed happy with his score of 85.  We had a visitor in the afternoon (well actually, Lucy & Ethel had a visitor): 

Linda & Ethel

and we left around 5:30 PM for dinner at Marsha & Bob’s house.  



Marsha & Vicki

Bing & Marsha

Michael & Bob

Bob, me, Bing

She made chicken pot pie & salad for dinner and it was YUMMY!!!  After that we played 7’s (which was hysterical with this new group of people) and then we settled into Tripoli.  It was a funny and loud evening…thoroughly enjoyable!  We were home just after 10 and vegged a bit on the couch playing with our babies, before bed. 

I just have 2 short videos to share from today:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.