Tuesday, March 13, 2018

first patriotic started quilting


We woke up to an overcast, gloomy, rainy day on Monday (3/12), so Michael’s golf was cancelled; instead the guys headed out to IHOP for breakfast!  The repair guy showed up at 9 AM to put a new door on the microwave…hope this one lasts.  I headed to the studio after that to finish basting the first patriotic quilt:   



I thought the cream I used in the quilt was too bright for the center panel, so I wanted to darken it up a bit.  I choose a caramel colored thread and a denser pattern to try to do that.  It took a long time to get the pattern set up just right, but eventually I was able to start stitching it out:  














I love the pattern I eventually picked and think it is doing a good job getting the quilt top to look the way I wanted.  Michael came home from breakfast and immediately headed out on errands (AutoZone, the bank, chiro, CVS, Petsmart, movie tix), coming home around 2 PM.  We spent a bit of time downstairs together (he was playing pool while I quilted) and eventually we had dinner (sausage soup) and settled in to watch a bit of TV.  I got some new/old yarn wound for an easy project I hope to start.

  
***And here’s Michael’s Movie Review (from last week):
RED SPARROW- Starring Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Irons.  The movie is set in modern day Russia and tells the story of a star ballerina whose career is cut short and she is forced by her uncle to become a ‘sparrow’ which is a spy who can manipulate people to do what she wants.  What she really wants is to make sure her ailing mother is taken care of and that causes her to take on this life.  There are spies and counter spies and ‘moles’ and assignations and torture (definitely not for the faint of heart).  The movie is over long and overly gory.  There are good plot twists, but it takes forever to get to them.  Only 2 fat quarters out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.