Wednesday, March 14, 2018

2nd rail fence top done, kittens!


Michael went out with another group of friends Tuesday morning (3/13) for breakfast, while I headed to the studio to continue to quilt.  While the first patriotic was stitching out, I finished up the second rail fence I started on retreat:  


This is the quilt where I mis-cut one block while I was making it on retreat (always a hazard when you are using cutting boards you are not used to.  I also mis-cut a block for another quilt top, but I was able to fix it and complete that quilt top on retreat.)  Yesterday I re-made the rail fence block and got all of my borders sewn together.  Today I got all of the blocks sewn into rows and sewed the borders on, so another quilt top is finished.  I’ve decided I really don’t like the rail fence pattern….at least in the size I’m doing it, so I’m going to come up with another quilt pattern for my patriotic ‘book’.  Or, I may just try a different layout with these blocks next time I make them  :~).  (Too funny, Paula came by in the afternoon and saw the quilt on the wall and immediately said ‘oh, what a pretty quilt’!  Maybe it’s not so bad after all :~).  

I finished up quilting on the first quilt and started to lay out the next one:

leaving less than an inch between the old red border and new blue border!!


















when we got a call to go visiting.  When you look at the following pictures, please be kind :~):







It is darn hard to take a picture of any black cat, let alone kittens that won’t stop moving!  They were so adorable.  When I questioned the foster mom, asking ‘shouldn’t kittens be kept with their moms for 6 – 8 weeks’, she agreed, but let me know that they were abandoned in a box by the side of the road!!!  What is wrong with people?  And I’ll just bet that the cat that had them will never be fixed and will just keep having more and more kittens  :~(.  We went to meet them…and Nadine is currently fostering SIX!!!  They are on medication right now for their eyes, but should be ready to be adopted soon!  We stopped at the UPS store on the way home to get outlines of butterflies in different sizes. (More on this later).   Paula came by for a visit in the afternoon and we talked for quite awhile.  I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the second quilt basted and starting the stitch out:














Michael and I had an early dinner of PAPA MYRPHY’s pizza before he headed out to pick up Larry for the movies.  I continued to quilt in the evening and also got a label done for Paula’s t-shirt quilt.



***MMR – Michael’s Movie Review***

Death wish" - starring Bruce Willis and Twitchy head guy!
Based (very loosely) on the 1974 Charles Bronson classic of the same name, this version resembles the original in broad concept only-  After a slow, expositional start, Bruce -playing a surgeon has his family destroyed during a home invasion- then the fun starts as he struggles to recover - only to find satisfaction by becoming the "Grim Reaper" and wreaking vengence on various miscreants and eventually finding his wife's killer - because the police cannot- even though Bruce kind of "sleep walks" his way through the role (showing emotions is NOT his strong suit) the pace and action of the last 2/3 of the flick redeem it ---- 3 fat quarters out of 5,

Side Note – for any of you out there that I’ve turned on to CALL THE MIDWIFE….a new season starts March 25 on PBS.  If you are not already watching this…you should be!!!  Tape the repeats or go on NETFLIX….all of the seasons are there….this is a WONDERFUL show…complex characters…GREAT stories…very interesting.  Let me know if you’re watching…I love to talk about it  :~).

Add’l Note – do I have any GMAIL users getting this blog as an email every day?  I have 2 GMAIL users who are signed up, but are not getting the daily blog.  Either GMAIL is filtering it completely, or putting it behind some tab.  Not being a GMAIL person, I have no idea how to fix this.  So, if you know what I’m talking about and know how to fix it or where it is being placed, please leave me a comment or email me and I will tell people…THX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.