Thursday, March 26, 2020

panckaes & bacon, furry kids, men's quilt moving along


I had a phone consult with my knee doctor first thing Wednesday morning (3/25).  He pulled up my x-rays from 5 years ago and said given that it’s 5 years later, cortisone shots wouldn’t help me (YAY – ‘cause I really wasn’t interested in those) and I definitely need knee replacement.  So, when this COVID crisis is over, and elective surgeries are off of hold, I will be put on the list.  

After that it was pecan pancakes and bacon for breakfast:  





I cleaned up the kitchen just a bit and my honey said he would take over from there, so I headed downstairs to SKYPE with Janice.  We had a wonderful time talking, and I got her opinion on several upcoming quilt-y things before we signed off and I gave Pat a call.  We talked for a bit before I changed my clothes and Michael and I went for a short bike ride. Short, because it has been several (many?) years since we’ve gone, and both of our knees were hurting.  But, I hope to keep it up to strengthen my thigh muscles before potential surgery, as Pat indicated that that would definitely help with my recovery (not to mention my diabetes!).  

Finally at 1:30 PM I made it to my studio to start quilt-y stuff for the day  :~).  I got the quilting kicked off on the second QoV: 

same pattern as the first, but with gold thread

and worked on the first of my men’s quilts.  Michael came down to work on his computer, so of course Cookie:  



and Lucy: 





joined us.  I later found Ethel, sitting in the sun upstairs:



By 8 PM (when I headed upstairs to relax), I was 3/4 of the way done with the quilting, and I had all of my rows sewn together on the men’s quilt and the skinny inner border on:




1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.