Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Fiber Nutz Meeting


Michael was up early Tuesday (3/17) for his routine doctor’s appointment, and I hopped up too.  I’m hoping to get one of my quilts loaded and finished before June comes on Thursday to do one of hers.  So, I spent the morning getting it loaded and basted:  



I finished that up before my Fiber Nutz group arrived at 1 PM.  

Melanie

Pam

Rosalie

Rosalie & Marilyn

We had a wonderful time and Marilyn’s show and tell was incredible.  She took this picture: 


and turned it into a quilt for her first grandchild:  



Even the back looked cool:  


Everyone left around 4:30 PM and I was so disappointed to check my emails and find out that my appointment with a knee surgeon for tomorrow has been cancelled.  I have been in agony all day with BOTH of my knees….I’ve already been waiting over 2 months….I’m sure it will be another 2 months before I finally get an appointment.  (UPDATE: As of this morning, Michael told me that it is front page news that a doctor at ORTHO CAROLINA (where I was going) tested positive for the corona virus....guess it's good my appointment was cancelled).

Once again Michael had TV he wanted to watch, so I got the first pass done on my ‘under the sea’ quilt:  


I have wanted to quilt this particular quilt ever since I got my new longarm almost a year ago!!!  My new longarm has a 'bubbles' stitch that I thought would be perfect for this 'under the sea' themed quilt.  And, while that was stitching out, I finally got the second border put on my Carpenter’s Wheel quilt:


This quilt is measuring at about 72'' by 72'', so I think it is big enough to be quilted.
And check out this beautiful princess on the front porch:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.