Sunday, March 22, 2020

leaders and enders laid out


I got a call from a friend Friday morning, looking to catch up because "I hadn't posted in awhile''.  I have gotten this same type of call/email at least 1/2 a dozen times in the past and my answer remains the same.  I post EVERY DAY (unless I am on vacation).  When you suddenly stop getting emails with my posts, 99% of the time it is because your personal email carrier has implemented a change that has stopped you from getting it.  Or, they're now putting the email in a different place (maybe spam) or behind a different 'tab' (gmail does that alot).  I hope that helps!!

******************************* 
Michael left for golf here at SCCL around 8 AM on Saturday (3/21), thank goodness they have not yet closed the golf courses!!  I read a lot in the morning, and snuggled with my babies before heading to the studio in the afternoon.  I did a lot of cutting, much of it from the fabric Loree and I bought from Jan.  I want to try to make some quilts for men, and Jan’s fabric certainly lends itself more to that than mine does.  Michael came home from golf around 2 PM with no birdies…but with a score of 80!!!  He was definitely happy about the number of holes where he made par.  

I finally have enough of my ‘leaders and enders’ blocks to lay them out, so that’s what my honey worked on:  






I love how this quilt looks and can’t wait to get it all sewn together and quilted.  

Our favorite Chinese place is closed, so we ended up with Zaxby’s for a late dinner.  

You know, I’m sure that most people are thinking that the corona virus is the biggest threat we have faced in a long time….and we need leadership and empathy to get through these challenging months…..so consider that, as you read this answer.  

A reporter asked Trump (a reasonable question that has been asked over the years at various other stressful times): What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?  

And here is our president’s answer: I say that you’re a terrible reporter, that’s what I say. … I think it’s a very nasty question, and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope, and you’re doing sensationalism, and the same with NBC and Con-cast. I don’t call it Comcast, I call it Con-cast. Let me just say something, that’s really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism. Let’s see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I’ve been right a lot. Let’s see what happens.

Why exactly was that a nasty question?  And why exactly is asking a question, bad reporting?  Isn’t our leader supposed to give us hope and comfort during trying times?  What does that answer say about anything?  He has no empathy or answers…and his modis operandi is always to attack….such a very sad state of affairs.  There is no leadership inherent in that answer.  Does he really think this crisis will be over in a week or 2?  And is this who you want making decisions about your future?  Of course, as always, he has to point out that he's been right alot.  Of course, specifics and details about that are ALWAYS non-existent.

2 comments:

  1. a) LOVE your new leaders and enders project. I definitely want to do that pattern, I just don't know if a "scrap" version will look as nice, and
    b) I don't know what reporters are hoping to get with asking questions like that, other than to expose his idiocy, because I no longer listen to nor believe a word that comes out of his mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a beautiful quilt-- well done!! and so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.