Saturday, March 21, 2020

monogrammed towels, alcohol ink, string quilt


Michael left for golf here at SCCL around 9 AM on Friday (3/20), while I had kind of a weird morning.  When you are taking your dog to the vet’s, it is never a problem because the dog is either following you around the house, or you have only to shake the treat jar and they come running.  It is a TOTALLY different ball game with cats.  They always have hiding places where you can NOT find them….so, I started by barricading the stairs so that they couldn’t get to the basement.  Then I was kind of forced to stay upstairs and keep an eye on them so that when I was ready to leave, I could pack them in the crates and go!  Paula rode to the vet’s with me, giving us a long chance to talk.  The kitties went for a consultation in preparation for laser de-clawing.  They were as good as gold and although it took all afternoon, we got back home without incident.  

My honey was home by then….with a score of 88 including one birdie.  He was not at all happy with his putting….but waddya gonna do  :~).  I also dropped off our taxes on the way to the vet’s office.  

My neighbor had 2 towels she wanted monogrammed, and I wanted Pat to do them since she has WAY more experience than I do with that kind of stuff….but she just found out that she needs to drive to Chicago to pick up Lisa from her group home, and bring her here to South Carolina for 6 – 8 weeks!!!  So, I sucked it up and got the towels done in the evening:  




I had company; Lucy found the pile of quilts:





I’ve neglected to mention (twice), that despite the cloudy skies, both Wednesday and Thursday night we were able to walk out to the street in front of our house and see the ISS – International Space Station fly overhead!  Yes, we’ve seen it now numerous times, but it is still a thrilling sight to see it cross the night sky.

I have a couple of pictures from friends....Ginny is always doing alcohol inks; she did a set of these for her cardiologist and he LOVED them:


And BG is starting a string quilt to use up a bunch of scraps:



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.