Monday, September 30, 2019

Michael & Cookie walking, new quilt loaded

Michael and Cookie left for a walk first thing Sunday morning (9/29), and ran into some friends who sent this pic:   


When he got home, he made me breakfast so that I could have enough energy to tackle my day:

can you tell we're out of spinach??

I headed to the studio to see what I was going to start.  I only have one more customer quilt to complete before loading up some of my own, so I jumped on that:  




After I got it basted, I spent way too long on the internet.  I think I’ve become obsessed with cookie cups  :~).  I’ve been collecting/pinning many recipes over the past couple of months, but since making them with Inez (for the small lemon cups), I really want to make more.  I spent a lot of time looking for chocolate shells as I didn’t like the recipe we used for the caramel mini-tarts we made and I think I found a good recipe….I hope to try it out on Wednesday to use up the leftover caramel sauce from the week with Inez.  

I also spent time looking for a caramel (rather than caramel sauce) recipe.  For the Fiber Floozies retreat, I made cookies that were a shortbread base, caramel layer and then chocolate top.  Even though I kept them in the fridge…the caramel sauce remained way too soft and continued to ooze out until the container was a complete mess and it was difficult to get even a portion of a cookie out.  

Well, after goofing around for far too long on PINTEREST, I finally got my butt in gear and started to set up the program for the newest quilt and that’s where I got stopped.  I know my customer does not want very dense quilting, but the pattern that was picked will be very dense.  I spent a bit of time on the internet trying to find something with less stitches, and sent off an email to see what she wanted.  She got back to me right away and I purchased a new pattern, got the bobbins wound and kicked everything off:  

can you tell?  It's oak leaves and acorns...perfect for this fall colored quilt



While that was stitching out, once again I made a bit of progress on the leading quilt:  




I really wanted to finish the quilting on the fall quilt, but by 6 PM I was getting tired and I don’t like to work on things then as it is all too easy to make a mistake.  So, I joined my honey for the last of the Chinese leftovers for dinner, before continuing to load up a new necklace while watching TV.  

I have to tell you a funny story about our dinners.  The place where we order food is very definitely an ‘English as a second language’ kind of place.  I had asked my honey to get me extra sauce……well, my dinner never came with extra sauce….but it was EXTRA HOT!!!!  OMgoodness….so very different from the last time I got it, but so very good!!!  We may have to order it like that always  :~).

I have been a bit busy lately and have not been keeping up-to-date with things going on in the country.  I finally got caught up and spent a some time looking into what is going on with the White House vis-a-vis the phone call to the Ukraine.  How anyone can doubt that Trump continues to abuse his power and act like a dictator rather than a president of the United States is beyond me.  Do you want to be informed?  Here you go:


- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-asked-ukraine-leader-phone-call-look-why-investigation-biden-n1058551

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.