Saturday, September 28, 2019

more leading, table runner, Chinese, camping quilt


I was up early on Friday (9/27) but it took several hours to get through my emails, update some recipes and get my blog out.  By the way….speaking of recipes….Inez has already sent me the first recipe for BAKING WITH INEZ 2020 TOUR….stay tuned  :~).  Yet more opportunities to taste great things next year!!!  I finally made it to my studio around 10 AM.  We have nothing planned for the next 3 days, and now that I’m not baking every day, I hope to sew/quilt my brains out  :~).  To that end, I continued quilting on the black/white quilt.  

I had to go WAY back in my entries to find my current list to see what I need to be working on…here it is again:


-borders for my quilt with brown leading    DONE!

-binding for first leaded quilt (8 strips)      DONE!

-second leaded quilt currently on design wall

-borders for second leaded quilt

-binding for second leaded quilt (8 strips)   DONE!

-QoV fpf started at retreat, all blocks done

-borders for QoV fpf

-binding for QoV fpf

-snowball quilt

-borders for snowball quilt

-binding for snowball quilt

-beds for animal shelter

-binding and label for purple quilt

-keep up with any customer quilts that come in   ongoing….currently
        one down and three to go!


The only thing to change was adding another customer quilt to the list!  I had hoped to have the black/white quilt done by the end of the day, but still have 4 more rows to go  :~(.  I continued to work on the leading quilt:

Lucy had to check it out



but it is slow going as I had many interruptions.  

Andi stopped by in the afternoon because I offered to donate a door prize for a veteran’s dinner coming up at the beginning of November.  I figured people will be thinking about Thanksgiving then, so I gave her a table runner:  



and Michael wrote a check for a donation since we can’t attend the dinner.  And Susie stopped by for a small serving of tiramisu….and pronounced it yummy!!!  I think she really liked the subtle orange flavor.  I spent a good bit of time on the phone, trying to set something up for Michael to no avail….dealing with hospitals and doctors is frequently VERY frustrating!!!  He is having a heart cath next Tuesday, and we are both very anxious about it….so all prayers are welcome.  

So, between Janice’s pretty Carolina Scrap Quilt, and another very similar quilt I saw on PINTEREST this morning, I was inspired to get out my 2 inch squares for a leaders and enders project of 4 patches while I am continuing to sew leading on the design wall quilt.  By the end of the day, I had these:



Several people asked for a totaling of everything Inez and I made while she was here.  They were all new recipes.  We made a lemon tart and also made mini-tarts (new sugar cookie crust recipe and not on our original list).    We made a Chocolate Truffle Torte, Tiramisu, Cream Cheese Mints (4 different flavors and colors), truffles (not on the original list), Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Tartlets (but we didn’t do the cheesecake part….didn’t seem like the small amount on the tarts would have added anything), Double Chocolate Macaroons, Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate Ganache (not on the original list, and Inez made them last year, but I had not) and Apricot Cream Cheese Scones.  

I had such a good time baking all of this stuff with Inez….it’s just not the same as doing it all alone  :~).  We didn’t get to the Braided Lemon Bread, nor the Ricotta Gnocci, but I still hope to make the gnocci on my own….we’ll see.   

We had Chinese for dinner (Michael ordered pot stickers, what an unexpected treat to go with our egg & spring rolls), 



and spent the evening watching some new shows to decide whether or not we’re going to keep them….we tape everything and then watch them and decide what to keep watching.

A request:

I need to have a chair re-upholstered....has anyone local had that done and could you please call/email/comment on the blog with a name and number if you were pleased with the result??

Remember I went over to Kristen's house on Wednesday for a quilt consultation?  Well, she has finished the quilt and it is as cute as anything:





1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.