Thursday, September 19, 2019

Baking with Inez - 2019 begins....


Michael left for his tournament around 8 AM Wednesday morning (9/18) and I ran around the house getting a bunch of stuff done before heading off to guest pass policy meeting at the Lake House at 10 AM.  We had a good meeting, after which I headed to the airport to pick up Inez!!!!!!!  


We were home by 2 PM and immediately started to make stuff.  First up was this truffle tart:  

and so it begins....






The ganache for the top is chilling in the fridge overnight.  

Then we moved on to cream cheese mints.  The mints are in a variety of colors and Inez was less than enthused about making them because she said she had them somewhere years before and they had no taste.  I said that we were supposed to add mint extract, so ours should have a flavor.  She said ‘oh, I thought the different colors would have different flavors’.  I said ‘oh my goodness….you’re brilliant’….so our yellow ones are flavored with lemon, the orange ones are flavored with orange, the green ones are peppermint and the pink ones are flavored with strawberry!!!  I was glad I could come up with that many flavors from my baking cupboard!








We also put together apricot scones for our breakfast tomorrow.  We finally finished up everything (including kitchen clean up) by 8 PM and collapsed for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Your cream cheese mints were wonderful. I sampled the lemon ones at SHQ today. Lots of lemon flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.